This is a really quick and simple recipe with lemons. I saw this on Me and My Sweets back in May this year and bookmarked it as I love lemon recipes. I made them in between packing so I couldn't find the right tin and used a foil takeaway container instead! It worked well though and although I didn't get a chance to try it, I was told it was delicious.
I'm sending this recipe to Bookmarked Recipes hosted by Jacqueline from Tinned Tomatoes.
For the brownies
150g golden caster sugar (I reduced it from the original amount so you may need to add more if you have a sweet tooth)
1/4 teaspoon salt
2.5 teaspoon lemon zest (approximately 1.5 lemons)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
For the glaze
60g icing sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoon lemon zest (approximately 1/2 lemon)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add flour, sugar, salt and softened butter to a bowl and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Pour into the flour mixture and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into a suitable baking dish and bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center of the brownies comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, mix all the ingredients together until smooth. You may want to add more lemon juice depending on the consistency required.
- Spread glaze evenly on top of the brownies and add some lemon zest if desired.