I'm sure you all know how much I love American goodies and having made 2 trips to America this year, I've accumulated an impressive collection of American related baking ingredients and equipment. I really wanted to enter United Bakes of America hosted by Gem from Cupcake Crazy Gem and decided on a recipe that Gem herself suggested I might like back in July when I made my Olympic Mini Ring Donuts. Well it's been a few months but here it is! They were just like I imagined - a lovely (read healthier) baked peanut butter flavoured donut dipped in chocolate ganache and topped with peanut butter cups. Definitely one for the peanut butter lover :)
Recipe adapted from Picky Palate
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 tablespoon instant vanilla pudding mix
8 mini Peanut Butter cups , roughly mashed with a fork + extra to decorate
3/4 cup buttermilk
100g chocolate, broken into pieces
2-3 tablespoon soured cream or double cream
- Preheat oven to180C.
- Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, egg, vanilla and pudding mix into a large mixing bowl.
- Add mashed Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and pour in the buttermilk, stir to combine.
- Scoop batter into prepared donut pan (in batches if necessary). Bake for 8-10 minutes, until baked through.
- Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
- To prepare the chocolate ganache, melt the chocolate in a microwave or ina bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Stir in the cream and mix until smooth.
- Dip tops of donuts in chocolate and decorate with chopped up mini Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.