Someone I know is having a bit of a rough time in her personal life so I wanted to make something comforting. I thought about what would equate to a hug in cookie form and I think this is it! It's a warming and comforting cinnamon spice cookie topped with a Hershey's pumpkin spice kiss! She absolutely loved it and I hope it helped to make her feel better.
I saw these Hershey's kisses on my recent trip to America and couldn't resist trying them. They really do taste of pumpkin spice and complements the cookie perfectly.
I'm entering them to Alphabakes which I am hosting this month and co host with Caroline from Caroline Makes. The letter this month is C for cinnamon and cookie. Each month we generate a random letter and ask for entries with that letter as the main ingredient or name of bake.
Treat Petite hosted by Stuart from Cakeyboi and Kat from The Baking Explorer. They are asking for any bite sized treats with a Halloween theme.
I'm also sending this to Let's Celebrate Halloween on Just Not the Cakes which is hosted by Shey who asks us to link up any Halloween related recipe.
Makes ~ 42 cookies
140g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
280g plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground mixed spice
pinch of salt
42 Hershey's pumpkin spice kisses
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Sift flour, cinnamon and mixed spice and add to the mixture.
- Scoop small balls of dough on to the baking tray spaced apart.
- Make an indentation in the centre with your thumb.
- Bake for 9 - 10 minutes until lightly browned but still soft to touch.
- Remove from the oven and place a Hershey's pumpkin spice kiss on top of each cookie and bake for a further 1-2 minutes.
- Allow to cool on the baking sheets for 5-10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.