This is one of the best desserts I've ever had. It's insanely rich, decadent and full of peanut butter flavour. I'm sure you already know that I absolutely LOVE peanut butter. I made a peanut butter toblerone cheesecake in 2012 for my blog's 2nd birthday and used that as a basis for this dessert. I made mini cheesecakes as everything is better in miniature form and you feel less guilty eating a miniature dessert (or maybe that's just me!)
The base is made from peanut butter oreos and the filling contains cream cheese, double cream, peanut butter and sugar. There's also peanut butter M&M's in the filling and it's all topped with chopped, roasted peanuts. Everyone who tried this thoroughly enjoyed it and I'm sure there will be repeat requests for this.
I'm entering this to a few blog challenges this month as it fits nicely with their themes. Firstly to AlphaBakes hosted by Caroline from Caroline Makes and co-hosted by myself on alternate months. The letter this month is O for Oreos.
Secondly, to Treat Petite hosted by Kat from the Baking Explorer and Stuart from Cakeyboi. The theme this month is America. Peanut butter is a classic American flavour and I bought the peanut butter oreos and peanut butter M&M's from America.
Thirdly, to a new blog challenge called Dead Easy Desserts hosted by Sarah from Maison Cupcake. She asks for any dessert that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less. This cheesecake is a no bake cheesecake and took me 30 minutes to create these mini cheesecakes. It will be even quicker if you make one large cheesecake. Chilling time is a few hours to overnight which is not counted.
Finally to Flavours of USA and Canada hosted by Nayna from Simply Food. She asks for any vegetarian recipe that fits the theme.
Makes 12 mini cheesecakes and 6 ramekins of size shown
Alternatively use a 23cm round cake tin
432g peanut butter oreos (you can use also use plain oreos) [This will make a fairly thick base, use half the amount of oreos if you want a thinner base]
125g butter, melted
For the filling
500g cream cheese
250g smooth peanut butter
200g caster sugar
250ml double cream
150g peanut butter M&M's
For the topping
100g chopped, roasted peanuts
- First make the crust by blitzing the oreo cookies in a food processor and adding the melted butter to it.
- Cut thick strips of parchment paper as shown to line a muffin tin.
- Press the crust mixture ensuring a flat surface in the muffin tin (and/or ramekins) as shown above.
- Allow to set in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Pour the double cream into an electric mixer and beat until it stiffens.
- Scoop out the cream and place the cream cheese, peanut butter and sugar into the bowl.
- Beat until well incorporated.
- Add the cream back to the mixture and continue mixing briefly.
- Finally stir in the peanut butter M&M's.
- Pour the filling on top of the crust and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Chill for a few hours or preferably overnight.
- Sprinkle chopped, roasted peanuts on top before serving.