Welcome to another Secret Recipe Club Group D reveal day. Each month we are assigned a blog in secret and we then choose 1 recipe to make and blog about on the same reveal day which is today. I made this recipe early in the month but I can still remember the amazing smells from my kitchen and the lovely flavour from these cookies. They are definitely for peanut butter lovers like me - soft, crumbly and full of peanut butter flavour. Needless to say, these were really popular and I'm sure I'll be making them again soon.
My assigned blog this month is Making Miracles written by Rebekah who started her blog in 2006 to record her experiences in surrogacy but it has since evolved to include her day to day life, including what her son and puppies have been up to and the recipes that she creates in the kitchen. You can read more about her surrogacy experience here which is truly inspiring. She had my blog last month and made my Neiman Marcus Cookies and it's pure coincidence that I also chose a cookie recipe to make.
She has lots of amazing recipes on her blog and although it was difficult to pick one, I knew what I wanted to make as soon as I saw her Old Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookies. Other recipes that have also caught my eye are Avocado and Banana bread, Chocolate Chip Cookie Souffle and Lemon Sunshine Cake
Recipe adapted slightly from Making Miracles
Makes approximately 73 cookies
375g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
150g brown sugar
180g caster sugar
360g peanut butter chips
250g smooth peanut butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Beat butter, peanut butter and vanilla in an electric mixer until well blended.
- Beat in both sugars.
- Stir in half of the dry ingredients.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the remaining half of the dry ingredients.
- Finally stir in the peanut butter chips.
- Place 1 scoop of cookie dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat, spacing the cookies apart.
- Bake for about 12- 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.