For the month of November Cancer Research UK is asking girls to host a night in to raise money for cancer research. The guys have Movember so it's time for the girls to have some fun! Life gets hectic and busy so it's a great opportunity to catch up with friends, have fun and raise money for a good cause.
All you have to do is register online, set a date, send invites out and host your fabulous night in. Make sure you remember to send your donations in via your JustGiving page or by post. The IN Thing runs from November 1st - 30th so there's still time to join in.
- Cancer Research UK is the world's leading cancer charity dedicated to saving lives through research.
- The charity’s groundbreaking work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of cancer has helped save millions of lives. This work is funded entirely by the public.
- Cancer Research UK has been at the heart of the progress that has already seen survival rates in the UK double in the last forty years.
- Cancer Research UK supports research into all aspects of cancer through the work of over 4,000 scientists, doctors and nurses.
Hosting a night in does not have to be stressful. It can be as simple or as fancy as you like. A little preparation goes a long way so make sure you get your friends and family involved. There are some great ideas on the Cancer Research UK website for hosting a night in. I'd like to share some of my ideas with you and I would also love it if you would share yours.
1 Have a themed night. For example an American themed night - you can get American flags and memorabilia to decorate, cook some American food and have a fun quiz on American trivia.
2 Choose an activity such as baking, crafting or even knitting. For example, you could make your own X'mas cards, bake cupcakes and then eat them or show off your baking talents by hosting your own masterclass.
3. Have a costume party. It's not just for Halloween and can be great fun. Either pick a theme such as Bond Girls, the 70's or just get everyone to come in costume. Have a fun vote as to who wins best dressed of the night.
4. A girlie girl's night in - I mean pampering and cocktails. Do each other's make up, nails and hair and take silly pictures.
5. Have a 'help me de-clutter' party. Get a few of your best friends round to help you de-clutter and sort out piles of stuff that can be donated to charity. This will be a double fund raising event as you can donate goods to another charitable organisation and raise money for Cancer Research UK! You can even take it in turn amongst your closest friends.
Smiley Face Jam Cookies to sweeten the deal!