This is a really quick and easy no bake recipe. It has a creamy Nutella cream cheese filling and an oreo cookie base. I served it with grated chocolate and fresh strawberries. It is absolutely delicious and I'd eat this everyday if I could! It's full of stuff that's bad for you which is probably why it tastes so good!
I used up lots of leftovers for this recipe which is sort of how it came about. I had an open packet of oreo biscuits from making my Valentine Penguin Oreos. I also had an opened jar of Nutella from recent bakes and a tub of cream cheese that was near expiry. Therefore I am sending this to the No Waste Food Challenge hosted by Elizabeth from Elizabeth's Kitchen Diary.
I love my new set of glass dishes which I saw on Kate's blog and she told me she got them from Ikea. Thanks Kate!
The recipe is slightly made up and I can't remember the exact amounts!
Roughly 8 or 10 oreo cookies, crushed
approximately 30g butter, melted (might need more)
200g cream cheese
50g icing sugar
200mls double cream (could add a little more if you prefer)
approximately 150g - 200g Nutella (or add as much as you like!)
- Place the oreo cookies in a ziplock bag and bash with a rolling pin. Alternatively you can blitz it in a food processor.
- Place the butter in a small bowl and melt in the microwave.
- Stir the butter into the crushed cookies.You may need a little more butter if the mixture is too dry.
- Press the oreo butter mixture into the bottom of your serving dish and level with a spoon.
- Place in the fridge to set for at least 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile beat the cream until stiff peaks form. Scoop into a large bowl and set aside.
- Next beat the cream cheese and icing sugar.
- Add in the nutella and continue beating.
- Now spoon the mixture out into your bowl of whipped cream and mix with a spoon until smooth (don't use the mixer at this stage or the cream might split)
- Spoon the Nutella/cream cheese mixture on top of the cookie base and leave to chill in the fridge.
- Decorate with grated chocolate and fresh strawberries.