Can you believe that it's Spring already? It felt like a long, cold winter so I'm really looking forward to the lighter days and warmer weather. I've decided to have a little spring clean of my blog and give it a makeover - do let me know what you think. It's not quite what I want but it's a start for now particularly as I'm not very tech savvy!
If you are a regular reader of my blog, you will know how much I love peanut butter. I wanted to bake something for breakfast and decided on my favourite combination of peanut butter and jam but in a muffin form. I added peanut butter chips for extra flavour which worked really well. You can clearly taste the peanut butter and the jam added a lovely sweetness to the saltiness of the peanut butter. These are quite filling and make for a good breakfast.
Makes 12 muffins
315g plain flour
100g caster sugar
2 teaspoon baking powder
200g crunchy peanut butter
100g peanut butter chips (optional - you can add chocolate chips if you prefer or omit completely)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and baking powder.
- In a jug, whisk the egg lightly and add the milk.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and pour in the milk-egg mixture.
- Stir briefly then stir in the crunchy peanut butter until just combined - don't over mix or your muffins will be tough!
- Finally stir through the peanut butter chips.
- Half fill each muffin case with the batter.
- Add a generous teaspoon or two of strawberry jam then top with the remaining batter.
- Bake for approximately 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.