Sunday 19 December 2010

Banana, pecan and honey loaf




Whenever I have over-ripe bananas, I tend to make banana bread. It's really quick and easy to make and perfect for breakfast or tea. I love nuts and honey so thought this recipe would be perfect for me and it didn't fail to disappoint.  The bread was really moist and flavourful.
Look out for some festive baking next week! 


 ready to go in the oven

 i love the lovely brown colour


175g softened butter , plus extra for greasing
175g golden caster sugar
3 eggs
140g self-raising flour
85g ground almonds
½ tsp baking powder
100ml milk
2 small, very ripe bananas
50g pecans , chopped, plus extra

  • Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. 
  • Grease and line a 2lb/900g loaf tin with a long strip of baking parchment. 
  • To make the loaf cake batter, beat the butter and sugar with an electric whisk until light and fluffy. 
  • Add the bananas in a few chunks and beat in with the eggs, flour, almonds, baking powder and milk until smooth - the whisk will mash the bananas. 
  • Stir in the pecans, then scrape into the tin. 
  • Bake for 45-50 mins until golden, risen and a skewer poked in comes out clean. 
  • Cool in the tin, then lift out.

6 comments:

  1. This looks so moist and incredibly delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can never have too many recipes for using up over ripe bananas in my book! I'll be saving this one for sure ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy - I love bananas in baking but most of my family don't so I rarely bake with them

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks so good, I bet the added honey makes it so moist... i've just made a banana loaf too, next time I must add the honey to see how that works, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so moist and eat-able. Definitely the type of thing I love to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that looks so lovely and moist, I'm drooling :)
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!