Tuesday 21 December 2010

Christmas M&M cookies



Finally some festive baking!! I had great plans but alas was ill for a week so it's time to catch up this week! M&M'S have a special red and green xmas edition so I made candy cookies again with a festive touch. I love the colours.




175g caster sugar
110g brown sugar
225g unsalted butter, softened
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract (or 2 tsp vanilla essence)
450g plain flour
pinch of salt
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
55ml milk
M&Ms



  • Beat together the sugars and butter until pale and fluffy. 
  • In a seperate bowl, use a whisk to beat together the vanilla and eggs. 
  • Gradually transfer this egg mixture to the creamed mixture, beating between each addition. This will prevent the mixture from curdling. 
  • Over this mixture, sift the flour, baking powder, soda and salt. 
  • Use a metal spoon to carefully fold together until no lumps remain. 
  • Gradually add the milk and stir until soft dough forms (be careful not to add too much milk or dough will be too sticky). 
  • Leave in fridge for 20 minutes, covered. 
  • Preheat the oven to 200 degrees (fan-forced) and prepare 2 large cookie trays. 
  • Remove from fridge and roll small balls of mixture; put on prepared tray and flatten slightly. 
  • The cookies will spread a fair bit when cooking. 
  • Continue rolling balls until no mixture remains. 
  • Decorate the balls of dough with M&Ms.
  • Bake biscuits for 8-9 minutes or until they are golden brown, but still slightly soft. They will harden slightly upon cooling. 
  • If you want a crunchier cookie, then cook for longer until brown and rather firm to touch when removed from oven.

3 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing ..kids surely love is.. yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a life saver!!! I picked up two boxes of the Christmas M&M's thinking they were normal ones ... but they aren't, they have peanuts inside them meaning they are too wonky to use as house tiles on my gingerbread house! I wasn't sure what I was going to do with them till you posted this recipe ;0)
    Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember this recipe! I also remember that they taste delicious, don't they!! I love the festive touch.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!