More festive baking with Christmas cupcakes from the Love Bakery. It's a lovely combination of cinnamon and cranberries which pair really well together. It smelt really good in the oven. I finally got a chance to use my Christmas cupcake wrappers and Christmas sprinkles - they're red and green Christmas trees! Aren't they cute?
For the cake
125g unsalted butter, at room temperature
125g caster sugar
1.5 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs, at room temperature
125g self-raising flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 tablespoon semi-skimmed milk
150g dried cranberries
For the frosting
60g unsalted butter, at room temperature
85g full fat cream cheese
225g icing sugar, sifted
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (I used double the amount)
Small pinch of ground cloves (I omitted this)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Add the butter, sugar and vanilla extract to the electric mixer and cream together for 7 minutes, or until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one by one, and mix for 2 minutes.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a separate bowl, then add to the mixer and mix until incorporated.
- Add the milk and mix for a further minute, then add the cranberries and mix in with a tablespoon.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the muffin cases.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately transfer to a wire rack. Leave to cool.
- To make the frosting, cream the butter and cream cheese together in the mixer for 3 minutes.
- Add the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Watch closely, as the frosting must remain firm if you are going to pipe it.
- Add the cinnamon and cloves (if using) and mix to combine.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.