Apologies for the lack of blogging recently. I have definitely still been baking, just not had time to blog about them. I've also baked a lot from recipes I've already blogged about previously so I won't double up. However, I have baked some new treats including this malteser cupcake which has been on my 'to bake' list for ages. This is a really simple recipe and my favourite kind as you just mix everything together and bake. The cake was moist with a lovely crunch from the maltesers and the frosting was light and creamy. Definitely a bake again in the future cupcake!
Makes approx 30 of the size shown
For the cupcakes
275g self raising flour
275g caster sugar
4 large eggs
2 x 28g sachets maltesers hot chocolate powder
1 box of maltesers (120g)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Blitz all the ingredients in a food processor except the milk which you drizzle in through a funnel to form a smooth batter.
- Add a box of maltesers to the batter and mix by hand.
- Spoon batter into cupcake cases and bake for 15-18 minutes.
500g icing sugar
40g cocoa powder
- Set aside 30 maltesers for decorations.
- Blitz the remaining maltesers until fine as shown.
- Add softened butter, icing sugar and cocoa powder and blitz until fine.
- Drizzle in milk until you have a spreadable consistency.