If you haven't already noticed, I am partial to a bit of peanut butter... well ok a lot of peanut butter! It's something I never used to like eating but now I just can't get enough of it. I still had 1 packet of the Tollhouse Swirled Milk Chocolate and Peanut Butter morsels left. I made the recipe from the pack last time but it wasn't terribly exciting. I saw a recipe for peanut butter cookies on one of my favourite blogs - the caked crusader and thought it would be perfect with the addition of these chocolate chips. The result is truly amazing cookies especially if you love peanut butter. The smell of the cookie alone is enough to make your mouth water. The cookies are light and crunchy and full of peanut buttery goodness :)
Makes approximately 30 cookies
130g soft brown sugar
4 heaped tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
125g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup swirled milk chocolate & peanut butter morsels (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Add in the peanut butter.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the flour, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon and mix well.
- Add in the swirled milk chocolate & peanut butter morsels.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop cookie dough onto the baking sheet, allowing room for the cookies to expand.
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool in the tray for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.