Tuesday, 22 November 2011

Banana, pecan and chocolate loaf

Another banana recipe! This time with nuts and chocolate for a change. I love making banana bread as it's so simple to make and always tastes good. The bananas guarantee the moistness and you can add pretty much anything to it - fruit, nuts, honey, chocolate.  If I've labelled my blog correctly, this is the 17th recipe with bananas that I've posted! I will have even more exciting banana posts as I have a very exciting, new cookbook which I will tell you about in due course.  I'll let you in on a little secret - I actually buy bananas to ripen at home so I can bake with them. Please tell me I'm not the only one! :)

3 ripe bananas, mashed
170g caster sugar
185g self-raising flour
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons milk
100g dark chocolate chips
90g pecans, chopped (you can also use walnuts)

  • Preheat the oven to 180C.
  • Grease and line a loaf tin. 
  • Mix the mashed bananas and sugar in a large bowl until combined.
  • Add the flour, eggs, oil and milk. 
  • Stir until combined.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts. 
  • Pour into the tin and bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre come out clean.
  • Allow to cool for a few minutes in the tin before turning out to a wire rack to cool completely.  


  1. I noticed the bananas in our fruit bowl were looking pretty ripe today, and my brain went "BANANA BREAD!" I LOVE bananas in baking so this loaf sounds like something I need to try. Looking forward to more of your banana bakes!

  2. love banana bread!


  3. You can see how moist it is in the centre! :D

  4. I've just tagged you for Food Bloggers Unplugged, details of how to join in are HERE

  5. i'm the same... cant make enough banana loaves to be honest... I just made another one the other day... love em!

  6. Oh yum look at those lovely pockets of melting chocolate, I love banana bread so much! this looks so yum!

  7. Wow what a fabulous combination! Nuts, banana and chocolate!

  8. This loaf looks and sounds delicious! What size loaf tin did you use for it?

  9. Thank you everyone for your kind comments.

    @hungryhinny - I don't know what size it is so I've measured it - it's 9 x 4 inches and 2 inches deep. Hope this helps!

  10. I love banana bread, this one looks perfect.


I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!