I saw this recipe on one of my favourite blogs, Lavender and Lovage. She made them as a secret recipe club challenge where the original recipe came from Patti's Comfy Cuisine. I love cookies and couldn't wait to try them out after the glowing review from both bloggers. I've made a similar version with pecan nuts and white chocolate chips, in fact one of my first few posts on this blog. I may have to make those again for a comparison taste test! Regardless, I really like this version as it's simple and tasty. It's quick to put together and you can make various variations with this recipe. I modified the recipe very slightly (just reduced the sugar amounts) and managed to get 48 cookies of the size shown!
Makes approx 48 cookies of size shown
150g brown sugar
75g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
370g rolled oats
145g dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Beat butter and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and mix well.
- Stir in the oats and dried cranberries.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, scoop out cookie dough spaced well apart on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for approximately 10 -12 minutes until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.