Thank you everyone who celebrated our 6 month anniversary with us by joining in the "W" fun last month. Congratulations to Jen from Blue Kitchen Bakes who was the lucky recipient of a lovely prize by Dr Oetker. Make sure you visit Caroline's blog to see the roundup of Wonderful W entries!
The Olympics have started, the school summer holidays have started so I'm sure you're hoping for something nice and easy this month. Well the random letter generator gave us.... Z !!! Just kidding, it's actually a really nice and easy letter this month (phew!) in the form of
I can already think of a dozen things to make so I'm sure you'll manage to fit it into your baking this month. Remember there is no limit to entries; it can be sweet or savoury; it can be the main ingredient or name of bake and most importantly, please email email@example.com by 25th August to be included in the roundup.
Quick reminder of the rules:
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
Your blog post URL
Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
5. You can submit as many entries as you like.
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)