I mentioned yesterday that I baked 2 banana recipes recently. If you missed the dark chocolate and raspberry banana loaf then do check it out as it's delicious! This is actually one I've baked before but I decided to make them into muffins and because they are so good, I want to share them again. The flavour combination of banana, butterscotch and pecan is heavenly. I substituted spelt flour to make it healthier - you can also use wholemeal flour or plain flour. It makes for a very substantial breakfast and they freeze well too :)
Makes 8 large muffins
3 ripe bananas
225g spelt flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
150g brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
100g pecan nuts
150g butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Add the sugar, oil, milk and yoghurt and mix well.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Finally stir in the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts.
- Spoon into muffin cases.
- Bake for approximately 20 - 25 minutes until golden brown.
- A skewer inserted in the middle should come out clean.