prepare and blog any treat which does not require baking. I love quick no bake recipes particularly for parties or when you are short of time or when your oven is out of action. I made these after a night out recently and they took all of 10 minutes to prepare. I did chill them overnight but you can eat them after a few hours or even straight from the pan.
Initially I looked for a no bake chocolate and peanut butter creation. I then got to thinking about the sweet and salty combination and decided to add some salted pretzels to the mix. The result - a delicious, gluten free, sweet and salty treat with the added bonus of oats to make you feel slightly less guilty about eating them.
300g sugar (I would recommend 225-250g if you want it less sweet)
40g cocoa powder
150g smooth peanut butter
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100g salted pretzels
- Place the sugar, cocoa powder, milk, butter and vanilla extract in a medium sized pan and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the peanut butter.
- Add the oats and stir.
- Crumble in the salted pretzels.
- Use an ice cream scoop or cookie scoop to scoop out round balls of the mixture and place on a baking sheet.
- Chill in the fridge overnight and serve.
- You can also eat it directly from the pan if you can't wait!