Hasn't the year flown by? I can't believe it's December already. AlphaBakes has been running for 22 months now so there's only 4 letters left of the alphabet. If you haven't already seen the amazing "O" round up on Caroline's blog then do head on over and check it out.
You probably won't believe me but this is the honest truth! The random letter generator selected "X" for December (after excluding all the letters we've previously used). I think it's fate as Caroline and I had discussed that we would pick X for December to enable everyone to enter any 'X-mas' related bakes. I can't actually think of another recipe or ingredient that starts with X so will be very intrigued if you do. As it's Dec and Christmas is almost upon us, we have a lovely prize for 1 lucky winner selected at random from all eligible entries. It's a copy of World's Best Cakes sponsored by Jacqui Small Publishing. I wrote a review on the book recently if you'd like a sneak preview. You will get 1 entry to the draw for each recipe entered and 2 entries to the prize draw if your entry is not "X-mas" ie if you can think of something else for X. As Christmas is on 25th Dec, the deadline this month will be extended to 28th December 2013 and a round up will be posted before the New Year. Please remember to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry.
The prize is available for UK addresses only.
A reminder of the rules.....
1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.
2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.
3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.
4. Email your entries to email@example.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:
- Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
- Your blog post URL
- Recipe title
- Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)
6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.
7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.
8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.
9. Have fun! :)