I usually like to plan what I bake in advance and buy the ingredients in preparation. However, I needed a dessert quickly at the very last minute so I decided on a no bake cheesecake. I looked around my cupboards for inspiration and decided on my all time favourite flavour combination of chocolate and peanut butter. I had a can of condensed milk which I decided to add in after the success of using it in my No Bake Berry Cheesecake.
The cheesecake was really quick to put together and consists of an oreo cookie base and a peanut butter filling which contains condensed milk, cream cheese and peanut butter. I also added in some peanut butter chips as I had a small amount leftover but you can also use chocolate chips or chocolate chunks. After I assembled it, I thought it looked a little plain and spotted my half eaten bag of peanut butter M&M's so I threw them on top for decoration. They taste strongly of peanut butter which complements the flavours well but more importantly it added a lot of colour and the 'wow' factor to a really simple dessert. The cheesecake is really decadent and rich and you only need a very small portion so this would easily feed a large family or group.
2 packs of Oreo cookies
100g butter, melted
200g cream cheese
1 can condensed milk
250g smooth peanut butter
approximately 100g of peanut butter chip or chocolate chips/chunks
peanut butter m&m's for decoration - you can use plain m&m's or smarties or similar
- Blitz the oreo cookies in a food processor until it resembles fine crumbs.
- Place the oreo crumbs in a large bowl and stir in the melted butter.
- Press evenly into the base of your tin or bowl and allow to set in the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- To make the filling, beat together the cream cheese, peanut butter and condensed milk until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter chips if using.
- Pour the filling on top of the cookie base and smooth the top with a spatula.
- Decorate with peanut butter M&M's or similar.
- Chill in the fridge for a few hours before serving.