Wednesday 1 July 2015

AlphaBakes July 2015


The sun is shining, Wimbledon has started and there's a heatwave. Hurrah for summer! Welcome to July's AlphaBakes. If you haven't already seen last month's "O" round up on Caroline's blog, do check it out. This month the random letter generator has come up with ... U
Look forward to seeing all your Unique U entries! Entry is via the linky tool below and if for some reason it's not working then please email alphabakes@gmail.com by 25th July 2015.

Quick reminder of the rules....

1. Post your RECIPE on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.

2. You can use your own RECIPE or someone else's RECIPE. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/RECIPES but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.

3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.

4. Entry is via the linky tool below. Alternatively, you can email your entries to alphabakes@gmail.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:

  • Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog) 
  • Your blog post URL 
  • RECIPE title 
  • Photo of RECIPE (to be included in the round up) 
5. You can submit as many entries as you like.

6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.

7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.

8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see. 

9. Have fun! :) 



6 comments:

  1. Um... this is going to be a tough one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of 'upside down' things you could make! I was quite creative when this letter came up last time and invented an Umbongo cake! This time I've done Utah scones from my American cookbook.

      Delete
  2. Hello! I shared my post for the alphabakes challenge of july after enjoying your posts for several months. My blog is in Dutch, but I have a Google translate button on my blog and I translated the recipe in English. So I hope to see my recipe in the round up! Greetings from the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for entering AlphaBakes this month, your recipe will definitely be in the round up at the end of this month :)

      Delete
  3. I've linked up - although I'm not sure it's 100% valid! I used breadcrumbs made from Udi's Gluten Free bread in my recipe. :D

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!