Saturday 11 July 2015

Butterscotch and Pecan Bananas on the BBQ


Hope everyone is enjoying the good weather. This is not really a recipe but I thought I'd share it anyway as it's a really quick and easy dessert to prepare if you are thinking of having a BBQ today. I initially wanted to use chocolate chips and mini marshmallows but then I spotted my butterscotch chips and pecan nuts. It only takes minutes to prepare and makes for a tasty dessert! The butterscotch and pecans go well with the bananas. I can't wait to try the chocolate and marshmallow next. Maybe chocolate and peanut butter too!

Make a slit along the banana but be careful that you don't cut all the way to the end. Stuff it with a handful of butterscotch chips and some pecan nuts. Wrap it up tightly in foil making sure the edges are sealed. Place on the BBQ for about 30 minutes or until the banana has blackened. Split it open fully and serve with some vanilla ice cream.

I'm sending this to Tea Time Treats hosted by Jane from The Hedgecombers and Karen from Lavender and Lovage. The theme this month is BBQ Fodder.




 stuff bananawith butterscotchchips and pecan nuts 

 cook it on the BBQ 

 yum! 

 serve with a scoop of ice cream  


3 comments:

  1. Such a classic camping dish, love it! Thanks for sharing with Tea Time Treats :)
    Janie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am sure to be making more variations of this throughout summer. Look forward to reading the round up

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!