Roast whole almonds
Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy
Add in 1 egg yolk
Wrap a whole almond in batter
Bake until golden brown
Toast almond flakes in the oven
In the meantime, melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
Toasted almond flakes for the topping. You can also use 100s&1000s or other sprinkles
Dip cookies in melted chocolate and place in little paper cases. Top with roasted almond flakes.
Final result with a cross-section of 1 cookie
Think they look better with crushed almond flakes on top
Had some extra batter so I added in chocolate chips and oatmeal (leftover from making triple chocolate chip oatmeal cookies) and made mini cookies. Tasted great :)
75g icing sugar
1 egg yolk
225g plain flour
150-200g (sorry can't remember how much) whole almonds (probably need 250-300g of whole almonds for the amount of batter made but I used what I had in my cupboard)
400g plain chocolate, melted
50g almond flakes
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Roast whole almonds for about 10 minutes, sitrring in between
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and creamy.
- Add in 1 egg yolk (if you use the whole egg, it will make your batter very sticky)
- Stir in sifted flour
- Wrap 1 whole almond in batter and shape into an oblong shape or into round balls
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 10-12minutes until golden brown
- Roast almond flakes in the oven until lightly browned - be careful not to burn them if your oven is already hot.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
- Dip the cookies in the melted chocolate and place in a small paper case
- Sprinkle toasted, crushed almond flakes on top or with a topping of your choice.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set
- Enjoy :)