Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water
Beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth
Oreos before it gets a bashing from my rolling pin!
Add crushed Oreos to the cream cheese mixture
Spoon the cream cheese/Oreo mixture on top of brownie batter
Swirl to create a marbled effect
Wanted to see how it would look with whole Oreos on top so I put them in one corner
The final result
Slices with whole Oreos
Without the whole Oreo topping - definitely prefer these, I think I may add more Oreos to the mix next time.
For the brownies
113g unsalted butter
114g plain chocolate
150g sugar (I reduced the sugar in this recipe so do add more if you prefer yours sweeter)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
65g plain flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
For the cheesecake swirl
225g cream cheese
6 Oreo cookies, crushed
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Melt butter and chocolate in a bowl over a pan of simmering water.
- Remove from the heat and stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in flour, baking powder and salt and beat well until the batter is smooth and glossy.
- Spread batter evenly in baking pan.
- Stir cream cheese and sugar until smooth and well blended.
- Gently sitr in crushed Oreo cookies.
- Spoon the cream cheese/Oreo mixture in nine evenly spaced dollops in top of the brownie batter.
- Using a dull knife or icing spatula, gently swirl the cream cheese mixture with the brownie batter.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pain and the batter in the centre feels just set.