Sunday 13 May 2012

Awards

I have been awarded a few blog awards recently, some quite a few weeks ago now! I sincerely apologise for the delay in publicly acknowledging them but I really do appreciate each and every one of them. So this is a big THANK YOU for the following awards:

Big thanks goes to Amelia from Amelia's De-ssert and to Caroline from Caroline Makes for the Happy Blogger Award. It really makes me feel happy especially when I've had a very bad day in the kitchen like today (cake on floor - inedible and deep cut on finger)


Big thanks to Caroline from Caroline Makes, Jo from what do you make of my cake?, Daisy from nevertoosweet and Heather from Miss Cakeaholic for the Versatile Blogger and Sunshine Award.



Rules for both the awards are :

1. Thank the person who nominated you for this Award and link them back.
2. Say some 5 random facts about you.
3. Spread the joy by nominating other bloggers.
4. Convey the blogger about the nomination.

5 random facts about me

1. If you read my blog regularly, you will have noticed that I absolutely LOVE peanut butter. Believe it or not but I used to hate it! I'm not sure when or why my tastes changed but I'm glad it did. 

2. I never read newspapers. I hardly read or watch the news either. Please don't judge!

3. I love watching American TV shows. Current favourites are The Mentalist, Desperate Housewives, The Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Two and a Half Men, 2 Broke Girls and New Girl. 

4. The most adventurous things I've done are under-sea walking in Mauritius and hot air ballooning in Bristol. 

5. I'm a very emotional person and often get told I wear my heart on my sleeve. Also makes me a bad liar which may or may not be a good thing depending on how you look at it! 

The people I'm passing these awards to are


Please, please visit these blogs as they are all fantastic bakers and bloggers and I promise you won't be disappointed! 

22 comments:

  1. Ah wow thanks! I have a post like this to do to I keep meaning to get to, will do this week :)

    Nom! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome, look forward to reading about your random facts :)

      Delete
  2. Wow Ros, thank you so much - I'm really flattered and so pleased you like my blog and coming from you I think that's a real honour!

    I could have written your point 2 - I love Big Bang Theory, Two and a Half Men, and How I Met Your Mother but I'd add in Fringe and Alcatraz and probably a few others from the past like West Wing! Not that there aren't British programmes I love, too, but US ones do seem to have quite a presence on our Sky box! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie you totally deserve the awards - you have a great blog and I'm often drooling when I visit! Pleased to know I'm not the only one hooked on American TV!

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for these, that is lovely! I will blog about them very soon! xx
    PS. I love desperate housewives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome :) Glad I'm not the only DH fan! x

      Delete
  4. Great facts! I hardly ever read either or watch the news) This was a hard fact for one of my uni flatmates to comprehend, as she was the biggest bookworm in the world. I'd rather bake than read a book. Or watch Desperate Housewives! Do you watch Gilmore Girls?

    Sorry to hear about your bad kitchen day. There must be something in the air at the moment as I cut my finger this week too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't watch Gilmore Girls actually but maybe I should. Yes I'm sure it was Sun the 13th! Hope things get better this week :)

      Delete
  5. Congrats Ros on your awards! ?Hey I love Big Bang and How I met your mother too :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations !!
    I never read or watch the news either. It makes me upset or angry and life's too short for that. Most of the news is about stuff way beyond our control and I discovered long ago that worrying about it doesn't change anything.
    I keep wondering why there can't be more good news on TV, why we seem to be so fascinated by the gruesome stuff. More baking programmes - that's what we need !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree about the news and yes we definitely need more baking programmes!

      Delete
  7. Yay for awards! we've just started watching 2 broke girls too, I love that cupcakes feature in it as well! and I'm also super emotional! sad adverts/tv programmes make me cry and if Byron has missed them when I tell him about them I cry again just talking about them! plus I did under sea walking in Mauritius too!! We did it on our honeymoon and it was amazing, what part of the island did you stay on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes I love that 2 broke girls has cupcakes plus the writing is good. The latest episode is awesome!! Someone we both love features on there but I won't give the game away :) I went for a friend's wedding to Mauritius. We stayed at the north part of the island.

      Delete
  8. EEEK! Thank you! I shall be blogging about these pronto!!! I got married in Mauritius... gorgeous place!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your most welcome - you deserve it! I can just imagine that your wedding was gorgeous - I went there for a wedding too!

      Delete
  9. Congrats Ros for these awards! I love to watch Desperate Housewives , The Mentalist & How I Met Your Mother too! Yup! I knew how much you love PB. I've tried quite a number of your delicious PB recipes! But it's really unbelievable that you hated it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So pleased we have the same taste in TV. Glad you like the PB recipes, I'm sure there will be more :)

      Delete
  10. Congratulations BA, and thank you so much - you're so kind to think of me!!! I was interested to read about undersea walking... how does one do that? Wouldn't you kind of float to a horizontal position? I don't know... I've never been under-water for longer than about 30 seconds before :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and your welcome as you deserve it! Undersea walking is interesting - basically you have a weighted helmet attached to an oxygen thing so you can breathe normally. You sink to the bottom of the ocean and walk around!! Your depth perception is seriously skewed.

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!