Tuesday 15 May 2012

Jubilee Cake Truffles


I had some leftover cake from making my hamburger cupcakes so I decided to make cake truffles again ... Jubilee style! I ended up making 2 batches of cake for my hamburger cupcakes - the first batch without cases to give the proper 'hamburger' look but even though I greased the tin with cake release spray, they refused to come out whole so I made a second batch with cases which was used.

All is not lost as I have learnt from previous experience that all you need is a tub of Cadbury Philadelphia chocolate cream cheese and you have cake truffles! I used red, white and blue candy melts to coat them and sprinkled red, white and blue decorations on top. 

 cake crumbs and chocolate cream cheese 

 mix to get this

 roll into balls 

 dip in candy melts and add sprinkles 

Jubilee Cake Truffles!



These are really quick and simple to make and would be perfect for a Jubilee street party or any party! I am submitting these to the Blogging Baking Jubilee Competition hosted by Homemade by Fleur. The competition runs until 3rd June 2012 and the winner gets £100 of Amazon vouchers, provided by Appliances Online.



18 comments:

  1. Very cool - you should have put them on sticks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I actually bought multi coloured sticks from Cake International and it would have been easier to dip on sticks. Next time :)

      Delete
  2. These are so lovely I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These truffles are so cute and colourful! I'd happily eat that all day~ :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're really easy to make and tastes good too :)

      Delete
  4. How cute! Great for the jubilee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your truffles are so cute. Good luck with the competition!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your Jubilee output is incredible! Love the idea that you made use out of otherwise wasted sponge. They look fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL that might be all the Jubilee bakes from me. I do hate wasting cake (or food) so I'm pleased they didn't go to waste :)

      Delete
  7. Lovely jubilee cake truffles! Funnily enough I went on my cake pop course at the weekend and have just posted asking if anyone had tried chocolate phillie in cake pops...and you have provided the answer!! These are a great way to use leftover cake...if such a thing ever exists!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. How was your course? You can definitely make cake pops with chocolate philly or normal cream cheese - less hassle than making a buttercream and less sweet as the candy melts are sweet. I only have leftover cake if there's been a baking disaster!

      Delete
  8. Your recipe sounds so much more flavorful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like these, patriotic but very fun! xx

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!