Friday 1 June 2012

AlphaBakes June 2012: "V"


Time for a new AlphaBakes Challenge! We were astounded by the number and creativity of entries for "H" last month. You can read the fabulous round up on Caroline's blog here. So what are we baking with in June? Well I used the random letter generator and it came up with..... "V" I know its not Valentine's but I'm sure you will come up with something amazing for me :) Remember it can be the name of a main ingredient/flavour or the name of the bake. 

Just a quick reminder to please, please email your entries to alphabakes@gmail.com by 25th June 2012 - It takes a lot of work to do the round up at the end of the month and it's difficult to keep track of everyone. I know we are all busy and I admit I am guilty of forgetting to email entries to challenges on occasion. I'm afraid we are going to be a bit stricter with the rules and will not be obliged to add your entries at a later date if you have not emailed them in! We can of course be bribed persuaded with cake ;)

Speaking of rules, here's a quick reminder.....

1. Post your recipe on your blog and link it to The More than Occasional Baker and Caroline Makes, stating the relevant month's host. If you do not have a blog, email us a picture and a brief description of your entry which we will include in the round-up at the end of the month.

2. You can use your own recipe or someone else's recipe. The recipe can be sweet, savoury or a mixture! Anything goes as long as the random letter is predominantly featured in the recipe as one of the main ingredients or flavours or in the name of the bake itself (i .e . not as a garnish , or using 'flour' for the letter F!) You can also republish old posts/recipes but you must include the information for this challenge as stated in these rules.

3. Add the logo to your post and add 'alphabakes' as a label to your post.

4. Email your entries to alphabakes@gmail.com by midnight (GMT) 25th of each month. Please include:

Your name (that you want included in the round up or we will use the name of your blog)
Your blog post URL
Recipe title
Photo of recipe (to be included in the round up)

5. You can submit as many entries as you like.

6. You do not have to participate every month to join in.

7. You may submit your entry to other challenges as long as it complies with their rules.

8. If you use twitter, please use the tag #alphabakes and mention @bakingaddict and @Caroline_Makes. We will retweet all those that we see.

9. Have fun! :)


28 comments:

  1. ...Bugger.

    *wanders off to find a dictionary*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL hope you found some inspiration from the dictionary :)

      Delete
  2. Ooooooo great...I have just the thing...I better get started now though!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, didn't see that coming ... Will need to get thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always a surprise for us too when we generate the letter. I've only come up with a few ideas so far :)

      Delete
  4. Ooh not such a nice letter for my first attempt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll still join in! Vanilla is a nice, easy one :)

      Delete
  5. I am going to look at the indexes of all my recipe books

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, V... Red Velvet comes to mind...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine too! Perfect for the Jubilee celebrations as well :)

      Delete
  7. Why didn't I think of vanilla??? Possibilities are endless now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha... vanilla is a good one as long as it's the main flavour :)

      Delete
  8. Thats a tough one. Vilolently violet something....??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. violently violet? sounds intriguing! violet is a good choice :)

      Delete
  9. Vegetable something is the first thing that comes to mind. Sounds like fun, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, I'll have to think a bit on a "V" recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very interesting, Ros. Oh, there's a recipe title Very Interesting, blah, blah, blah...I like Vanilla so much better though:)

    We're getting set to play the Alphabet Picnic Game over at my place. I'm really curious to see the V entries.

    Thanks for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very interesting sounds good but yes vanilla sounds much better :)

      Delete
  12. AH V I have to think something with V I would like participate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope you join in Gloria - I'm sure you'll come up with something for us :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Johanna
    Thanks for the invite, I have just the recipe for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh V - guess with celebrating all things Elizabeth at the moment, a Victoria sandwich might not be quite the thing ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually made one but have other ideas too :) I love the random letters each month - really gets me thinking!

      Delete
  15. I'm thinking of using Vegemite ;) Should be interesting lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh a very good 'V'!! Now why didn't I think of that? :)

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!