Monday 22 November 2010

Nigella's Chocolate Chip Cookies



Another recipe from Nigella's Kitchen. I'm always on the hunt for the best chocolate chip cookies and these came out near the top. The best one I've made and tasted so far are these cookies that I made earlier in the year. 


 cream butter and sugar 

 add choc chips 

 cookie dough 

 use an ice cream scoop to get even sized cookies 





Makes approx 37 cookies of size shown 
150g soft unsalted butter
125g soft light brown sugar
100g caster sugar (I reduced this to 80g) 
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 egg, fridge-cold
1 egg yolk, fridge-cold
300g flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
326g milk choc chips (I only used 300g) 

  • Preheat the oven to 170C. Line 2 baking trays with greaseproof paper. 
  • Melt the butter and let it cool a bit.  Put the brown and white sugars into a bowl, pour the slightly cooled, melted butter over them and beat together. 
  • Beat in the vanilla, the cold egg and the cold egg yolk until your mixture is light and creamy. 
  • Slowly mix in the flour and bicarb until just blended, then fold in the chocolate chips. 
  • Scoop the cookie dough into an ice cream scoop and drop onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving a gap between them as shown. 
  • Keep the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge in between batches. 
  • Bake for 15-17 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown. 
  • Cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks. 

5 comments:

  1. I can see lots of chocolate chips in your cookies. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nigella! Why do your recipes tempt me?

    Great cookies Baking Addict.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look fab ... I wonder if it is poor form to want one of these babies for my breakfast?!?! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's quite a recommendation, cant wait to try them.
    *kisses* HH

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!