Tuesday 4 October 2011

Giant Red Velvet Cupcake


Today was my last day at my current job (sob sob).  It's really sad to be leaving as I've had such a fantastic year.  The team have been absolutely brilliant and I've learnt so much from everyone. Don't worry, no long blubbery oscar worthy speech but cake and goodies :)

So I had to finish with a 'bang' well a cake of course and what better than a giant red velvet cupcake! I seem to make them for leaving do's and birthdays (giant chocolate caramel cupcake, giant strawberries and cream cupcake, giant chocolate cupcake) but you have to agree that they do have a certain 'wow' factor.
I've used my standard red velvet cupcake with cream cheese frosting recipe from the hummingbird bakery.
I also made my entry for this month's we should cocoa challenge which was a surprise hit. It disappeared even quicker than the cake!! Check back later to find out what I made.
It has been a busy baking week for me as it was my last week at work so I thought I'd push the boat out and managed to bake a total of 12 items, some of which are repeat bakes. I will try to update my blog every day/alternate day this week to keep up.
On a final note, I got the loveliest leaving present - a V&A fine china 2 tier cake stand!!! I'm soooooooo excited and happy as I've always wanted one of these and now I have one!! Thank you everyone.

11 comments:

  1. What a great bake-I'm sure your colleagues must be very sad to see you go with bringing such delicious treats like that into the office! And such a thoughtful leaving present

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a lovely present, I love cake stands. Great cupcake too I keep wanting to make a red velvet one, looks great! I like to push the boat out too when there's something going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. heavenly cake!... I imagine a giant hand reaching in and eating it in one swoop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cake, it does indeed have a huge wow factor. Your cake stand is to be hugely envied - at least by me. Do you have another job to go to? I bet you will be missed with all the lovely bakes you've been taking in. AND, what a teaser re We Should Cocoa ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That definitely has wow factor! The red glitter is great. Can't wait to see what else you've been baking. Maybe some will be displayed on your lovely new cake stand?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone should have made YOU a cake for your last day of work! This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ---I want that Giant cupcake in my mouth this instant :)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi are you able to share your receipt for the giant cupcake red velvet cake as I can't find one anywhere ??

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    I realise that this is an old blog post but hoping it is still checked. Did you double the mixture or anything or just use the same recipe and split it between the tins? Also what did you do temperature and timingwise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Informative post. Thanks for sharing with us. I would like to share information about the company. The education app development company specializes in creating innovative and impactful mobile applications tailored to the needs of educational institutions, e-learning platforms, and edtech startups. With a team of dedicated developers and designers, they possess a deep understanding of the evolving educational landscape and the power of technology in enhancing learning experiences.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!