Sunday 1 June 2014

Chocolate and Mint Biscuit Slice


This is a quick and simple no bake recipe which is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. It's perfect for parties or picnics or BBQs and I'm sure I'll be making more of these as we are heading into summer. The recipe is based on a malteser traybake recipe from BBC Good Food but I've used Mint Aero Bubbles instead. 

I'm entering this to the Biscuit Barrel Challenge hosted by Laura from I'd Much Rather Bake Than... The theme this month is summer and this refreshing no bake recipe is perfect for summer. 


I'm also sending it to Dead Easy Desserts hosted by Sarah from Maison Cupcake. This takes less than 30 minutes to prepare excluding chilling time.




 mint aero bubbles, golden syrup, butter, digestive biscuits, milk chocolate

 adding the crushed digestive biscuits to the chocolate mixture

 stirring in the mint aero bubbles

 press into a tray and chill for a few hours then slice


 I love that you can still the green aero bubbles

Recipe adapted from BBC Good Food
I'd recommend making a double recipe as one won't be enough!

100g butter
200g milk chocolate
3 tablespoon golden syrup
250g crushed digestive biscuits
225g Mint Aero Bubbles
  • Melt the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a medium sized saucepan.
  • Add in the crushed digestive biscuits
  • Allow to cool slightly before adding the Mint Aero Bubble otherwise it will melt 
  • Press into a square or rectangle baking tray and chill in the fridge for a few hours or preferably overnight.
  • Slice and enjoy.

9 comments:

  1. I want some of this immediately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious, I love the bright green of the mint Aero bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate & Mint? Yes yes yes..............

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delightful! Never thought of using aero bubbles! Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes please!!! This sounds so amazing! I just had a friend give birth this week and she's obsessed with mint aero and I've been thinking up what to bake her - this could definitely fit the bill!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she'll love this as I keep getting repeat request for this. Plus it's so easy to make and you can definitely make this whilst Ella is in the bath :)

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!