Wednesday 18 June 2014

Cornflake Chocolate Chip Bites


This month's Treat Petite Challenge has the theme of 'Childhood Memories'. I had a very happy childhood and I have lots of wonderful memories so it was difficult to pick something that encapsulates it in a bake. It's quite a broad theme and it will be interesting to see what everyone else comes up with.

I was looking for something the other day and I found an old notebook of mine which contains recipes that my mum has passed on to me. I've not seen this book in years so it was good fun looking through it and seeing old recipes that I've not made in recent times. This cornflake chocolate chip bites is one of them and it's something that my mum used to make a lot for us. It's really quick and easy to make and it's highly addictive. I honestly could have eaten the whole lot myself but I didnt! 

As mentioned I'm sending this to Treat Petite hosted by Stuart from Cakeyboi and Kat from the Baking Explorer. The theme this month is Childhood Memories.


I'm also sending it to Family Foodies hosted by Louisa from Eat Your Veg and Vanesther from Bangers and Mash. The theme this month is Barbecues, Picnics and Outdoor Eating. These little treats are quick to put together and easy to transport. They are guaranteed to impress and the kids will enjoy them as much as the adults. 



 cornflakes, chocolate chips, honey, sugar, butter 

 melt butter, sugar and honey 

 stir in cornflakes and mix then add the chocolate chips 

 ready to go in the oven 


 delicious! 

Mum's recipe

90g butter
85g caster sugar
1 tablespoon honey
125g cornflakes
100g chocolate chips

  • Preheat the oven to 160C. 
  • Melt butter, sugar and honey in a medium sized saucepan. 
  • Pour in the cornflakes and mix well. 
  • Allow to cool slightly.
  • Stir in chocolate chips. 
  • Spoon into petit four cases and place on a large baking tray.
  • Bake for about 10 mins.
  • Enjoy! 



9 comments:

  1. Total blast from the past - I can almost taste these!! Thanks Ros, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They brought back lots of good memories :)

      Delete
  2. Love the idea of the chocolate chips rather than melted chocolate. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You can also add sprinkles for some fun and colour :)

      Delete
  3. The oldies are the goodies aren't they? I think a version of this was the very first bake I made

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooo never had these before, they are like an upgrade on cornflake cakes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and once you start you just can't stop!

      Delete
  5. This recipe certainly sums up childhood baking to me. And I challenge any one not to be tempted by a cornflake crispy cake! Thanks so much for linking your recipe up to June's Family Foodies.

    ReplyDelete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!