Tuesday 10 June 2014

Zesty Lemon and Summer Fruit Roulade


This Spring Dr. Oetker has teamed up with Kimberley Wilson as part of the Even Better Baking Team to create an exclusive and delicious low fat Zesty Lemon and Summer fruit Roulade recipe. It's a light and refreshing cake which is fairly healthy and quite simple to make.  The full recipe and instructions can be viewed in the video below.


One of my colleagues said that this is her second favourite cake that I've ever baked, the first being Nigella's Olive Oil Cake. I have to say it barely lasted an hour as it was wolfed down with gusto and I have no doubt that I will be making this again. I've not made many swiss rolls but was excited to use my new swiss roll tin which worked beautifully. I actually made this recipe twice as the first was a bit disastrous. You need to be patient and whisk the eggs and sugar for at least 5 minutes - I was in too much of a hurry the first time and it didn't turn out well. 

This is my first time using the Dr Oetker Sicilian Lemon Natural Extract and I was pleasantly surprised. It smells like fresh lemons and just 1/2 teaspoon as stated in the recipe is enough to give a deep lemon flavour. The sponge was light and lemony and the yoghurt berry filling was absolutely delicious. The lemon curd worked really well with the yoghurt and berries and is definitely an idea I will be repeating for future bakes. 

 

 whisk the eggs and sugar until the 'ribbon stage' 

 filling my swiss roll tin 

 fresh from the oven 

 stir lemon curd into the yoghurt 

 spread lemon curd/yoghurt over the cake and sprinkle chopped berries on top 

 zesty lemon and summer fruit roulade 

Disclaimer: I was sent Dr Oetker products used in this recipe by Dr Oetker. A positive review was not required and all opinions are my own. 

10 comments:

  1. Look and sounds wonderful! I love all with lemon and fruits!
    And the plate is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks lovely. Now I feel tempted to make a roulade/swiss roll for father's day this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've made a peanut butter and chocolate one previously which would be perfect for father's day - great idea!

      Delete
  3. This looks lovely and sounds really tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Healthier style cakes are always a winner in my eyes. More stunning pics from you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love roulades. They always look so special! I love the filling in this one. Lemon curd with all those beautiful berries..... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm this sounds so summery and I bet it tasted delicious!! love the cute little butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was absolutely delicious. I love the butterflies too :)

      Delete

I've had to turn word verification back on as I've had a lot of problem with spam lately, Apologies! Please, please do leave a comment - I appreciate every one of them and will reply to all of them. Thanks!